Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Packing for Dayton Hamvention

The famous Dayton Hamvention is this coming weekend! I can't wait. This will be my third year at Hara Arena, an oft-discussed...or was it disgusting...venue for all things Ham radio. W2PJM and I will be heading out first thing Thursday morning and I will be live-tweeting the event from the Hara Arena. Be sure to follow me on Twitter @rocknrollriter for up to the minute happenings, including a rumored announcement from Ten-Tec. Could more open-source radio be on the docket? It would make sense with this year's "Maker" theme.

I'll also be posting about the Hamvention here each night. I'd love to have you along for the ride. Also, if you can't make it, but wish you could be there to ask questions...let me know and I'll do my best to ask for you. I plan on spending plenty of time talking up the reps for all things QRP and Homebrew.

Catch you all in a few. 73

2 comments:

  1. I just learned that Ten Tec released the Patriot--an open-source SSB rig based on the Arduino--yesterday. Pics and details will be here on Friday.

    ReplyDelete