Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Bit of Ham with a Dose of Rock-N-Roll

     I love being a ham. I love being a musician. I love working in live production. I love writing.  I love being a husband and father. That sums me up pretty well. So why this blog? Why now? Thanks for asking.

     I have been involved in many facets of amateur radio for the past four years and I've noticed a trend. There are generally two camps: the preppers and the fuddy-duddies. It seems like the majority of the people I have met in this hobby are awesome, interesting, and fun people; yet the only thing I seem to find on the web about ham radio is: how to prepare for the doom coming soon to a neighborhood near you or diatribes on how much better radio was way back when. There is great information coming from both camps, but neither of them are very fun to read. Hears the deal, I'll always choose fun over good information; especially when it comes to my hobbies. Since I was having such a tough time finding anything informative, interesting, AND fun, I decided to do it myself. So that's what this is all about.

     I hope you enjoy what you find here. If you do, please drop in from time-to-time, comment, email me, answer my CQs (seriously,, please answer my CQs) and feel free to speak your mind, ask a question, demand an answer, or wax eloquent on the details. I welcome you all. But please, no fuddy-duddy, prepper-intense doom-and-gloom, just light-hearted fun discussion about one of the greatest hobbies in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment